Air Conditioning Repair & Installation in Tyler, TX
People You Know Who Trust Us for A/C Repair
A/C Problem? How Can We Service You?
Residential and/or commercial A/C repair, installation, and maintenance at prices we tell you upfront.
Walker Heating and Cooling is happy to serve you with any AC installation or repair needs you have. As one of the most trusted HVAC companies in East Texas with a 4.6-star customer rating, we provide exceptional same-day maintenance to Tyler, TX and the surrounding areas.
We have extensive experience with all types of systems, including central AC units and split systems. Whether you need air conditioning installation or repair services, our ac contractors are available anytime you need us to provide you with quality service.
Our air conditioning contractors provide 24/7 emergency services to ensure you have cool air at all times.
Learn more about our services below.
The Walker Experience.
Step 1: Give Us A Call
A friendly team member will listen to you describe the problem with your air conditioning system.
Step 2: Schedule Your A/C Service
We will work with your schedule to find a time that is most convenient for you.
Step 3: Receive Confirmation
On the day of your service, you will receive a picture of the A/C technician who is to arrive at your home or office along with a confirmation – hours/mins before.
Step 4: Get Top-Rate Service
Our air conditioning technicians arrive with the supplies they need to handle almost any A/C repair. They are professional and courteous and aim for your satisfaction.
"Fantastic Customer Service! They are always trying to figure out the best options for my budget, both financially and time wise."
"Company is highly recommended!! Both technicians that came out were very nice and knowledgeable. Trisha is also very nice."
"Great Experience from start to finish. Would highly recommend for any job. Have used them for repairs, and HVAC replacement, and have no intention of calling anyone else! Very professional, clean cut and courteous technicians."
"Walker Heating and Cooling is a great company to do business with if you're looking for a new HVAC system. Their product pricing is good, and they have good hassle-free salesmen."
“Arrived promptly; was neat in appearance; explained everything carefully; did not rush; very polite. Thank you.”
"Walker Heating & Cooling has installed new units on two of my homes, and preformed routine maintenance on multiple occasions.
I've always been happy with their honesty and pricing.
Their techs are always professional, and I don't ever have a concern with them in my home or that of my tenants. They take care to wear shoe coverings when entering my home from outside, and always leave my home looking as it was before they arrived."
"Prompt, efficient work at a fair price. Does not get better!"
"Jose was great! This is my second experience with Walker and Jose completed both jobs. Professional, clean and did a wonderful job getting our units working!"
"Speedy and efficient service! I called in the morning and Josh and his helper came early afternoon. Diagnosed problem quickly, picked up parts and installed the same day. Good job!"
"Walker Heating & Cooling installed my heating & air conditioning units and have been servicing them for several years.
Joe has been the primary service rep for my account and is prompt and efficient. The office staff is always very responsive and attempts to get service to me as soon as possible based on urgency of an issues."
Already a Walker customer?
Air Conditioning FAQs
Is My A/C Unit Under Warranty?
It’s certainly possible. Most A/C unit warranties last at least 5 years. If you don’t remember how old you unit is, then locate the label on your unit and check the manufacture date. If you don’t know where your A/C unit is (or if you can’t find the manufacture date), we can find out for you once we get to your home or office. Who knows? Your A/C repair may be covered by your manufacturer!
How Much Is A Service Call?
What Causes A/C Units to Freeze Up?
- Low refrigerant—sometimes a leak in the refrigerant lines can result in low refrigerant level.
- Dirty evaporator coil—As your evaporator coil accumulates dirt over time, it can restrict airflow and cause your unit to freeze.
- Broken blower motor (or relay)—a blower motor that isn’t running (or is running at an improper speed) can cause your A/C unit to freeze and/or work sporadically.
- A dirty air filter—if your air filter is too dirty, then airflow can become so restricted that the unit freezes up. If you suspect this may be the case, turn off your A/C until to let the ice melt. Then, replace your air filter and turn it back on. If that gets you back in action, then you just saved yourself a service call!
What Can I Do to Reduce Allergens?
- Buy a HEPA filter with a MERV rating of at least 10.
- Change your air filter (at least) every other month—and possibly more often during the summer
- Get on one of our A/C maintenance plans to reduce the build-up on your blower fans and coils
- Have us clean your air ducts
- Depending upon your situation, you may also benefit from a whole-home air cleaner, UV air treatment system, central humidifier, central dehumidifier, and/or an ERV/HRV ventilation system.
Have questions? Get in touch! We’re happy to help.
My House Isn't Cooling Well—Do I Need a Bigger A/C?
Most people don’t know it, but most newer thermostats show the relative humidity in your home or office. The optimum indoor range is 35%-50%, but 40%-50% is ideal.
Need help figuring out if your home has the right size A/C? Give us a call. We’re happy to help!
How Do I Increase My Cooling System's Energy Efficiency?
1. Consider a smart thermostat – Smart thermostats can be programmed to adjust the tempurature in your home when you aren’t there, reducing your energy bill.
2. Insulate your home – Insulation keeps air from escaping your home, which means your central air conditioning system doesn’t have to work as hard to cool your home.
3. Get a ceiling fan – Ceiling fans can augment the air flow in your home, which helps manage the load for your AC unit.
4. Consider purchasing energy efficient windows – Insulated windows can reduce your utility bill by keeping cool air inside your home longer.
These tips can increase your SEER Rating (Seasonal Energy Efficiency Rating), which is just a fancy HVAC term that means, you’ll get better bang for your buck.
Do You Work On Heaters Too?
Absolutly! At Walker Heating & Cooling, we do it all. Contact us anytime if you need a pro to look at your furnace or heat pump.
Before Calling for A/C Repair, Try These Quick Fixes…
Check Your Thermostat
Before you call us for A/C repair, make sure your indoor thermostat and is set to “cool”. If it isn’t, the A/C is not running and you may merely be running the fan. We know you already know that, but sometimes in life, it’s the things we “know” that go easily overlooked!
Check Your Air Filter
FYI: There’s no standard size for air conditioning filters. You can find the size of yours printed on the side of your old filter. If you frequently forget to replace your A/C filter, then you can have air filters shipped to you automatically from Amazon at a time interval of your choosing (typically every 2-3 months is good).